We will continue to add information for each of our international trade resources sections. Please be sure to check back for new updated export resources. If you’d like to recommend a website to add to the resource links, please contact NAITA.
- U.S. Government Export Portal
- A Basic Guide to Exporting - Exporting can be a lucrative field, but it's not something you can jump into without any training. Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, you'll learn something from A Basic Guide to Exporting, published by the U.S. Department of Commerce, in cooperation with Unz & Co., Inc. This online guide has 16 chapters of practical information about: developing an export plan, market research, distribution, making contacts, licensing, service exports, shipping your product, methods of payment, financing strategies, cultural factors, delivery options, and more. The Guide is a few years old, and although some information may have changed, the basic principles still apply. This is something you should print out and keep on your desk for ready reference.
- U.S. Department of Commerce (USDOC)
- U.S. Census Bureau - Schedule B Export Codes
- Tariff Classification - What every member of the trade community should know about Tariff Classification. Provided by U.S. Customs.
- ATA Carnets - Temporary, duty-free imports overseas for trade shows, commercial samples and professional equipment
- Export Yellow Pages
- The Export Institute
- Small Business Exporters Association of the United States - The largest and oldest nonprofit association dedicated exclusively to small and mid-size business exporters in the United States. SBEA serves as the international trade arm of the National Small Business Association.
Shipping & Documentation
Export Licensing & Controls
Legal Issues, Trade Policy, Standards & International Trade Organizations
International Protocol & Cross-Cultural Communications
International Travel Information
Country/Region Specific Information
Online News Resources
Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA)
- FTAA Secretariat Official Website
- Organization of the American States, Trade Unit
- U.S. Trade Representative
- Florida FTAA, Inc.
- Canada's Position on FTAA & various Negotiating Group topics
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce - TradeRoots Program
- Association of American Chambers of Commerce in Latin America
- Alliance for Responsible Trade
- U.S. Department of Foreign Agriculture - Press releases, speeches and remarks, and other publications
- U.S. Small Business Administration & Chile Trade Cooperation Agreement - Information about the cooperation agreement signed by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), Technical Cooperation Service of Chile, and Chilean Economic Development Agency, which aims to help small and medium-sized businesses develop international trade opportunities.
- Summit of the Americas Center, Florida International University
- Consumer Project on Technology - Official FTAA documents and related articles
- Council of the Americas
- Office of NAFTA and Inter-American Affairs - FTAA Information including ministerial declarations, fact sheets, business forum, summaries of U.S. negotiating positions, etc.
Online Periodicals and Resources
Membership :: Partners